Though war is not something that many of us want or like, it is always good to honor the veterans who served in the armed services during the times of necessity. Veterans Day is one such occasion that honors all the veterans who served in the armed services and celebrates their contributions and services. This holiday coincides with Remembrance Day and Armistice Day, which are observed in other parts of the world to mark the end of the World War I. With Veterans Day being a national holiday, it becomes the perfect way to celebrate this occasion with family and friends. And what better way to celebrate than by honoring these veterans with some customized gifts in the form of unique gift baskets?
Choosing gift baskets that are both unique and special for the occasion can be quite daunting. However, here are some simple choices that will help you create the perfect basket for your loved ones or those that you want to honor and thank on this day.
- Health Foods: One of the most important things that you must keep in mind when gifting is to know about the likes and dislikes of the recipient. However, it goes without saying that gifting baskets filled with health foods, including fresh, organic fruits and foods as well as delicious dry fruits is the perfect way to express your feelings while also ensuring the special nature of the gift. Health food baskets could contain anything from fresh fruits, including crisp apples, oranges etc to cookies, cheese, focaccia crisps, salami, nuts like almonds cashews etc. some of these baskets may even pack in chocolates. It is important, however, to ensure that you are aware of any health issues that could be of concern for your intended recipient and steer clear of anything that might harm them.
- Gourmet Goodies: Gourmet foods, including different types of cheese, fruit spreads, candies, dried fruits like apples, pineapples, strawberries and pears, as well as fruit and nut bars are perfect ways to express your feelings on this special day. These are unique foods that are usually not available in the market and can help you to show your affection and feelings in a special way.
- Gourmet Wine and Cheese Baskets: Where the person is a wine and cheese buff, no other gift can be better than a special gourmet wine and cheese basket, which will definitely tickle the connoisseur’s taste buds. There are different types of wines as well as cheese that you can choose from to create your own customized gift basket for your loved ones.
- Tea and Coffee Baskets: Specialty teas and special coffee blends are all great gifts for this season and you can take your pick from them to celebrate Veterans Day in style. When you add a beautifully designed ceramic mug, a beautiful tea towel, or some brilliantly designed tea cups and creamer or pot to the mix, you get a customized gift basket that adds both elegance as well as sophistication to the entire gift. Of course, the teas and coffees in question are all gourmet blends, which are completely organic and healthy, thus making it perfect for any age group.
- Sports and Spa Baskets: Another perfect gift that you can choose for Veterans Day is from the sports corner or spa set. Where you know that the recipient is a fan of a particular sport or loves to relax in the spa, these baskets are perfect ways to let them know that you care.
Making Veterans Day really special and unique is all about knowing what to give and how to create it into something customized that meets the preferences of your intended recipients. Therefore, use the above tips to create your own customized baskets, which will definitely add some sparkle to the special occasion.