Choosing a gift for your Valentine can be stressful. You also face the dilemma of what to write on the card. You are torn between feelings and wonder if your gift and the message are common, or are they too suggestive. Deciding on the right gift is definitely a problem.
Before you decide on a gift, there are some important things you need to consider: One is you relationship and the other is your budget.
Remember, a Valentine’s gift can make your relationship, or break it! So put some thought in the choice of gift, but do not ignore the fact that Valentine’s Day means affection and love. So whatever you give should convey affection or love, again this would depend on what your relationship is with that special person.
A homemade gift goes a long way in conveying your affection. It will demonstrate warmth and love, and there are all possibilities that your gift will be cherished. But choosing the right thing to make can be tricky. There is always the worry that how your beau will react to the homemade gift. Will there be appreciation of the effort that has gone into it or will it not make much of an impression?
If you are having doubts about your man, do not worry. Actually, men are much more sentimental than they allow us to know. Behind that tough exterior, they are actually no different from women. So unveil your creative side, and show your Valentine how you feel and how special you think he is.
Here are some creative ideas that can make your Valentine’s Day special, and at a low cost too!
If you are well versed in a craft such as knitting, graphics, or sewing, now is the time to use it. Dwell on his interests, think about his likes and dislikes and then weave them into your Project Gift! You can:
- Embroider his initial on a gym towel if you Valentine is a gym-junkie.
- Knit a hat of wool if he like hiking and trekking.
- If your man is a foodie, you could cook a special dinner and serve it in candle light. To add a romantic touch, cut the bacon into the shape of hearts. This will definitely bring a smile to his lips.
- Keys and glasses always end up being scattered around the house. You could make a creative small stand to that will hold the keys and glasses.
- If your Valentine is fond of wearing suits, you could personalize his cufflinks with his initials on it.
- Collect all the pictures you have of him and some of your own. Create an album with the help of graphics. You can join the pictures of yours and his make different photographs depicting the various happy moments. This will also create a romantic feeling on Valentine’s Day.
- If both of you are fond of beer, you could get membership to a beer club that will keep you informed about the new brews in the market and you will get to taste them at a discount too.
- Use your culinary streak and prepare a four course dinner for the two of you. Do not forget to light those romantic candles. You could go in for some of the oil candles with aphrodisiac scents. There is a variety available - pink lotus, dark vanilla, or bourbon.
These ideas are sure to spice up your Valentine’s Day. But remember, you need to start early. Procrastination will only increase your stress level and reduce your creativity. Waiting until the last minute can send the wrong message and you just do not want that, right?